We understand that our students sometimes require extra support to help them cope with their training course. Sometimes there can be personal issues that impact their successful course completion.
Students who are experiencing issues that are impacting their studies are encouraged to contact their trainer or the Gippsland Institute of Technology Student support officer. The Student support officer can provide advice and support to international students on the follow types of matters:
- Finding a job and accommodation and related matters
- Traveling to or from the Institute
- Finding cultural foods
- Provide students support and advice to International students on how to adjust to living and studying in Australia
- Course and career progress
- Applying for future courses
- Institute administrative processes
- Recreational activities
- Accessing support services
- Accessing legal services, emergency and routine health services
- Opening a bank account
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- Completing forms and other documentation
- Understanding and accessing Gippsland Institute of Technology support services/ processes e.g. Complaints and appeals process.
- Course progress and attendance matters
- Accessing information on employment rights and conditions, and how to resolve workplace issues, such as through the Fair Work Ombudsman.